Top megayachts owned by billionaires and with models aboard at Cannes Film Festival 2018
Celebrating the best names in film and showcasing award-wining superyachts, the 71st edition of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival is set to be the pinnacle of glamour on the 2018 A-list calendar, according to YachtHarbour.
Superyachts and the Cannes Film Festival go hand in glove. Entertain friends or clients on board your own luxury yacht, with your own venue and accommodation right at the 'front door' to this prestigious event.
Cannes is ideal for meeting clients and a corporate charter at the event is not only the ultimate statement but also makes an ideal platform for experiencing the buzz of parties, fine dining and above all, the Cannes allure.
It is one of the premier yachting events on the glamourous French Riviera and marks the start of the busy Mediterranean summer season. Previewing new films of all genres, including documentaries, from around the world, it is recognised as one of the most prestigious and publicised film festivals in the world.
The invitation-only festival is held annually in May at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrés, where the movie industry's elite step from their motor yachts onto the red carpets that line the quays. The newest and largest yachts act as platforms to host parties with the world's best known entertainers.
Top megayachts attended Cannes Film Festival 2018 :
1. Eclipse - 162-metre yacht built by Blohm+Voss in 2010 and owned by a Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich with net worth of $11,6 bln
2. Dilbar - 156-metre yacht built by Lurssen in 2016 and owned by a Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov with net worth of $12,7 bln.
3. Sailing Yacht A - 142-metre sailing yacht built by Nobiskrug in 2017 and owned by a Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko with net worth of $14,2 bln.
4. Jubilee - 110-metre yacht built by Oceanco in 2017 and owned by a Qatar Royal Family.
5. Quantum Blue - 104-metre yacht built by Lurssen in 2014 and owned by a Russian billionaire Sergey Galitsky with net worth of $3,8 bln.
6. Madame Gu - 99-metre yacht built by Feadship in 2013 and owned by a Russian billionaire Andrei Skoch with net worth of $4,9 bln.
7. Faith - 96-metre yacht built by Feadship in 2016 and owned by a Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll with net worth of $2,7 bln.
Some models were also spotted on the superyacht Faith :
8. Tatoosh - 92-metre yacht built by Nobiskrug in 2001 and owned by an American billionaire Paul Allen with net worth of $19,9 bln. An enormous cruise ship is prepared to throw an opulent 'Casablanca-themed party' this year.